How to Win in Your Divorce or Family Court: Avoid Common Family Law Mistakes
When going through a separation or divorce, there are a lot of decisions to make. Some of the decisions you make can affect the rest of your life. Unfortunately, many people unknowingly make some big mistakes right at the start. This is an important video to watch if you are thinking about separating or have just separated because it helps you plan your next steps and avoid those big mistakes. If you have been separated for a while, this video can still help you understand your situation and figure out the best way to move forward with your divorce, separation agreement, or separation.
In this video, Toronto Lawyer, Certified Specialist in Family Law, John Schuman, covers the following topics and more:
1. Why it can be a mistake to move out… especially if you want custody of the kids.
2. Is family court the right choice for you and the kids to decide child custody, access and parenting issues?
3. How to plan financially for a separation to avoid giving more than you should to your spouse.
4. Common mistakes that separating spouses make regarding their spouses.
5. How you can loose a lot of money, maybe even your inheritance, because of “matrimonial home” and “claims in equity.”
6. How you can loose your families cottage to your spouse (even if it has been in your family for generations!).
7. How to avoid paying spousal support or alimony (or at least reduce ow much you pay).
8. How the internet and social networking can get you into big trouble in family court.
9. The dangers of tape recording conversations of your ex or your kids.
10. How your emotions in the divorce or separation can work against you.